It is hard for me to imagine anything more exciting than
establishing an engineering program from the scratch, especially in an area like Dera Ismail Khan where the people are so deeply committed to technical education and social development. The establishment of this engineering program will provide a unique opportunity for the people of Dera Ismail Khan and adjoiningdistricts to have engineering educations at their door steps.
The Faculty of Engineering is dedicated to providing outstanding educational opportunities in engineering to a predominantly undergraduate student body of talented and aspiring students of southern districts of Khyber PukhtunKhwa, Punjab, Baluchistan and South Waziristan. In accord with the University's Mission Statement, the faculty of engineering nurtures the intellectual, professional, and personal development of its students. The university strives to prepare them for entry into the engineering profession, related fields and graduate programs and for continuing development as highly competent professionals and responsible members of society.
The vision of Engineering and Technology programs at Qurtuba University is to groom students for perfection in engineering and technology which include professional excellence and service to society. The Faculty of Engineering achieves this through:
• Inimitable academic programs that are designed to produce engineers and technologists who approach their profession with competence and ethical values.
• Qualified faculty including PhD degree holders from foreign universities, who mould and groom the notion of lifelong learning.
• Scholarly activities that practices engineering knowledge and state of the art of technology and engineering.
• Interactions with professional institutions with in Pakistan and beyond.
• Service activities that benefit our diverse society and humanity in general.