Information for Authors
The following notes set out some general editorial principles. A more detailed style document is available on request from the Assistant Editor, Mahmood Ahmad, email: email@example.com
Submission of articles
Please submit all papers to the Assistant Editor using one of the two methods detailed below:
- We prefer electronic submission to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Alternatively, send a virus-free Compact Disk (CD), with manuscript formatted in MS Word. Disks should be labelled with the name of the article and the author. Two paper copies should be submitted with the disk to the Assistant Editor. We do not return the submitted papers.
For a thematic book review of one or more books, The Journal of Managerial Science (JMS) accepts manuscripts of no more than 8000 words, not including endnotes.
Manuscript style guidelines
Manuscript must be free of all self-references to the author.
- Short sentences, short paragraphs, and simple, clear phraseology with direct tenses are distinct virtues.
- Manuscript should be double spaced and fully justified.
- Margins should be two inch on top, left and right and 1.5 inch on bottom end.
- Font should be Times New Roman, 11 point.
- Non-English words should be italicized.
- Quotations should be in double quotation marks.
- Long quotations of five or more lines should be double-indented and single spaced without quotes.
- Numbers of 11 and higher should be in figures.
- Dates should be in the form of 5 September, 1990; 1994-1998; or, the 1990s.
- All headings should be in bold capitals; all ranged left. They should not be numbered.
Notes and references
The whole citation should follow the Harvard style, enclosed within parentheses (author surname, year) if not a natural part of the surrounding sentence; the year should be enclosed within parentheses if the names do form a natural part of the surrounding sentence. Citations of works by two authors should have Ďand' (not an ampersand) between the names. Citations of works by three or more authors should have the first author followed by et al in italics with no trailing stop.
Publications by the same author(s) in the same year should be identified with a, b, c (e.g. 2008a, 2008b) closed up to the year.
Personal communications should be listed as such where they are cited in the text, and not listed in the references.
Tables and diagrams
If you include graphs, charts or diagrams, we will solicit you to produce high-quality electronic versions of this material in whatever form the printer may request.
Manuscripts that adhere to submission guidelines are initially reviewed by the Editor of JMS. Manuscripts qualifying for peer review are sent to at least two expert reviewers. The corresponding author will receive all editorial communications regarding the status of the manuscript, revisions, and reviews. All revisions and the dissemination of the reviewers' comments and other manuscript information to co-authors are the corresponding author's responsibility. To be accepted or rejected for publication, a paper must receive two positive or two negative reviews. If the editor receives one positive and one negative review, a third, tie-breaking review must be obtained.
Copyright and clearing permissions
Authors are responsible for obtaining permission from copyright holders for reproducing through any medium of communication those illustrations, tables, figures or lengthy quotations previously published elsewhere. Add your acknowledgements to the typescript, preferably in the form of an Acknowledgements section at the end of the paper. Credit the source and copyright of photographs or figures in the accompanying captions.